Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Performing Arts

Hey! I have decided to write a blog about one thing that I absolutely love. This thing that I love is my shop, or career program. If you don't know, my career program is Performing Arts. If you do know, than congrats. My shop is the CCTS Performing Arts Academy.




Back in middle school, I have finally decided that my passion officially is to perform. The first official show that I have done was Seussical the Musical. I was a part of ensamble. I played a Who, a Cadet, and a Hunter. During the end of that school year, I wasn't sure what I was going to do when I went to High school. Until the school's vice principal, Mr. Edmund Cetrullo showed me an advertisement for this, "Performing Arts program" that was opening in September of 2008. It caught my interest, so I decided to go to the audition that was being held in this room that had computers in it. It looked like an office. I did my audition, and they liked me and decided to let me (And some other Glen Landing students) join the academy. So, in September of 2008, during my first day of high school, I walked into my Performing Arts shop. I noticed that it was the same exact room that I had done my audition, only with the computers removed. I looked around at the students, some old and some new, and I saw her. The same exact woman from my audition. I never knew this, but she was going to be the one who would help us build the strong foundation from that beginning, to when I will graduate. Her name is Mrs. Terry Bles, and she is the mother of the Performing Arts Academy. A lot of things have happened since September of 2008. We moved to a much larger space, We had two student teachers from this year and last year, we lost a pretty large amount of kids, and we are gaining a large amount of kids in the process. Our program went from traditional classes, to the new I.S.P. program. And we are about to move again, from our larger space, to a newly built black box theatre in our campus. We are constantly growing, and I highly doubt that it will stop. The shows that we have done so far: Act one, Stomp Odyssey & The Seussification of Romeo and Juliet, Little shop of Horrors, Grease (Summer Performing Arts), Act one: Scene Two, The Diary of Anne Frank, and the most recent, Cabaret. The Performing Arts Academy is also going to be doing another show in the summer, The Wizard of Oz. I really can't wait for it! And I also can't wait for next year, because every year, Performing Arts always brings something new to the table. So maybe one day, you can go and see a performance from the Performing Arts Academy at CCTS. You won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Performing Arts did not exist until my Senior year, I think. I thought it was pretty cool that CCTS started a shop like that.

    By the way, I thought you were great in Cabaret. I think you have the potential of being an actor, if that is one of your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I replied so late. Thank you for the compliment. I honestly hope to achieve my future of becoming a professional character actor on film. It's one of my biggest dreams. :)

    ReplyDelete