Monday, May 24, 2010

Dear Esther

Hey! Here's another blog about a show I went to see.
One day, I went to the Goodwin Holocaust Center to see this small show being performed called "Dear Esther". This show was about a survivor by the name of Esther who escaped a death camp during the Holocaust. In this show, an older Esther confronts her younger self as she tries to tell children of all ages and sizes her story. She comes face to face with something that she was well known for. During this show, letters are read aloud from children telling Esther about how they felt when she spoke to them. Actual letters from actual children. When I came to see this show, I wasn't really sure what to think. I was wondering how exactly it would work, because all I have seen was an empty stage. No scenery or anything. After the show, I was pretty surprised. There was a lot of dialogue, it made me wonder how the two Esthers could memorize all of those lines, but they did a good job. There were also other actors, who would pop in here and there to play a Nazi, or a victim in the camp that Esther went to.But overall, the show was pretty good. It wasn't bad for what it was, and I would recommend everyone to see this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment