Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Success

Success is something that I always strive for. Sure, I care about my friends and family, and of course I’m grateful and thankful for the things that I have, But honestly, I don’t feel like that’s enough. I want to be successful. There are many definitions of success out there but I believe that success is truly doing what you love and always wanted to do, living the dreams you always wanted to live, and to be happy. I’m not truly happy. This is because I’m not making a wonderful living doing what I’ve loved doing for so long. But I’m young. I’m not even eighteen yet. But when I am, I plan to go out and do some auditions. I can’t audition all the time though, I do need some time to live.

I believe that I can make it. I have learned too much, and I have done too much to fail. Failure is not an option when it comes to what I dream about. I don’t need to take an SAT and go to college to be successful. All I need is my God given talent, and to believe in myself. With these two things, I can jump over any hurdle, break any wall, and go the distance. Because I believe I can.

You know what’s great about my director friend? When He’s feeling unmotivated, he prints sayings and hangs them up in his bedroom to keep his mind in focus. I remember reading one of his posters It said, “Light em’ up! Show em’!” And I just thought “Wow…” Because when I read that I felt it speaking to my heart. It made me more ready and focused to do what I love. it made me want to become successful.

Where I came from also wanted me to become what I am at heart. I was born in Camden, NJ. This city is known for it’s terrible reputation with drugs, violence, and gangs. My mother and father knew it wasn’t good for my sister and I to be living in an area that isn’t safe. They moved away from that place. To this day I come back over there to visit family, and I still don’t like what I see. I know I don’t want my kids growing up in a place like that.

All of these things and more help me to realize that I want to be successful in my future. I just wonder. What is your definition of success?

No comments:

Post a Comment